Derek became an Investment Advisor in 1985 following his graduation from Carleton University with a B.A. in Economics. He holds designations as a Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (F.C.S.I.), a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a Certified Investment Manager. His book, entitled "RRSP and Mutual Fund Basics" came out in 1998, and has been revised 3 times since then. This book is written using a question and answer format and is designed to educate clients and investors alike. All of the proceeds were donated to charity. To date, the editions of the book have raised over $30,000 for The Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, and the Ottawa Heart Institute. Over the past twenty-four years, Derek has specialized in servicing the financial needs of individuals who have retired or are approaching retirement as well as entrepreneurs including Small Business owners and Incorporated Individuals. Derek and his wife Carole have three daughters Courtney, Bailey and Chloe.
- 3 Often Missed Opportunities To Extract Tax Free Cash
- An Anomaly: Transfers of Personally-Owned Policies to a Corporation
- Incorporation tax benefits for professionals
- Take Shelter by insuring a healthy relative
- Rethinking RRSPs for the Small Business Owner: Why taking a salary may not make sense (Small Business Report)